Saturday, 30 October 2010

Poovar Island - Truly out of the World - Oct 2010


The Poovar Island resort (Kerala), 30 kilometers from Trivandrum is truly out-of-this-world. I would rate this as a perfect holiday destination, truly endearing and enchanting in the arms of mother nature. The lush greenery around you, the lilting sound of the river combined with the serene Arabian Sea, and the estuary view all make this Island Resort a perfect getaway from the concrete jungle (read city) and the mad rush of our daily routine. 

The service is quite nice. Food is just awesome, a wide variety, with mouth-watering desserts at a reasonably low-cost buffet especially, if you are a Club Mahindra member. I'm a veggie and I didn't feel that I was missing out anything from the 'Kerala sea-food' menu. The pool was well-maintained and clean. Thumbs-up to Club Mahindra for the selection of this resort and it is well-maintained by them, though it is a Club Mahindra associate resort.
We have been there twice and the backwaters always beckons me with a solid arm! Pun intended!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment